Monday, April 23, 2012

Baked ziti

Today I am going to share with you one of my favorite things to make for dinner.. Baked ziti! Why is it one of my favorites? For one, it’s not hard to make (at all.. contrary to what you would think). Two, it’s just plain GOOD! So, so good.. And three, my girls will eat it and ask for more! Can’t argue with that!

I found this recipe from THIS blog a while back. I changed a lot of the recipe so I figured I would share with you today, how I make it! :)

Here is what you’ll need:
easy baked ziti recipe

-1 pound ground beef
-1 lb. box ziti pasta
-1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (mine says 2 lb. on it.. Didn’t know liquids were measured by the pound, but I’m just telling you what my jar said so that you know what to get)
-1 large container of ricotta cheese
-1 bag mozzarella cheese
-1 onion (I only use half though, as my Husband isn’t an onion person)

Directions:
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add ziti pasta and cook until tender (about 8 minutes), then drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat.
3. Add (all) spaghetti sauce to onion and ground beef. Simmer about 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Layer a 9x13 baking dish as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, mozzarella, ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the sauce, remaining ziti, mozzarella, remaining sauce then top with remaining mozzarella.
6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until all of the cheese is melted.
7. Enjoy!! :)

Here is what it looks like coming out of the oven:
easy baked ziti recipe-3

..And on my plate:easy baked ziti recipe-4

Yum, yum, yum!

Make this for your family tonight. Promise they’ll love it. :)

6 comments:

  1. Ohh yum! I love baked ziti, but have never made it at home. I'll definitely give this a try..thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, this looks amazing! I had to pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely trying this one, we are such pasta lovers over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Visiting from 52 mantels. This looks so delish! I have a weakness for good pasta! Im going to try this next week.. pinning for sure :)

    Im your newest follower! Would love a follow back if you like my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think I just found dinner for tomorrow night! I found you on 52 mantles and I am a new linky follower. Please follow back and check out the UnFinished Object DIY challenge on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sharing this on menu today! check it out later :)

    ReplyDelete