Saturday, August 4, 2012

Open house

Abby’s first school experience was last night (Friday). I was supposed to be at Craft Weekend, but I ended up not being able to go. As sad as I was about that, I was so excited that I wouldn’t have to miss Abby’s open house!!

She was so excited to see her classroom and meet her teacher!
openhouse-2

We tried to get pictures with her and Daddy too, but she was ready to go inside!!
openhouse

She was shy at first, but didn’t want to leave when it was time. :)
openhouse-3

I can’t believe our “baby” is starting school! In our county, for Pre-K they do this system called Step By Step. For the first week of school, only 5 kids are in the class per day. This way the teacher can get to know them before everyone is in the class all together. I love this idea!! Abby’s first day is Friday. :)

We went and got her school supplies last night, and her special requested “unicorn” (pony) backpack and lunchbox are set to arrive at our house via UPS on Tuesday. :)

So excited and nervous for this new venture!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember my kids first days of school! Now, I have to admit, every time I pass by the school supply section, I'm relieved I don't need to do that anymore! I love the idea of a step-by-step program! Makes so much sense! Good luck to all of you as you begin this school journey!

    ReplyDelete